Arianna Gallo was born in Lugo (Ravenna) on 2nd September 1976.
She achieved top marks in her diploma in 1995 at “Istituto Statale d’Arte per il Mosaico G. Severini di Ravenna” (Ravenna’s Mosaic School). In the same year she was awarded the title of “tecnico per la diagnostica finalizzata al restauro” (Technician for the diagnosis of the condition of stonework) at the Profesional School of Albe Steiner Ravenna.
In 1999 she achieved top marks again in her diploma awarded
Scuola del Restauro del Mosaico, Soprintendenza per i Beni Ambientali ed Architettonici di Ravenna” (Ravenna’s school of Mosaic Restoration, run by the Government Heritage Ministry).
Between 1992 and 1994 she travelled in Europe attending different schools to specialise in ceramics, design and painting.
She won grants in 1995 and 2000 to participate in the realisation of the mosaic monument in memory of Mayor Pier Paolo d’Attorre.
From 1996 to 2005 she worked on many projects in collaboration with many different mosaic studios and restoration societies :
* The restoration of “domus dei tappeti di pietra”, Ravenna, “opus signinum” mosaic, Faenza,”floor mosaic “Vittorie” in Palazzo Gioia, Rimini; and contemporary artistic mosaics like Cattani‘s with the Luciana Notturni Studio.
* Pomposa Abbey mosaic floor restoration, with Professor Claudia Tedeschi;
* Palazzo Minucci Solaini facade restoration in Volterra with “M.I.D.A. – Pistoia” studio;
* Galleria Mazzini di Genova mosaic floor realization with “Reduzzi’s” studio, project by Somaini;
* Fresco restoration in San Giacomo Church in Chioggia (Venice) with “Triade Napoli Venezia”;
* Restoration of “domus del triclinio”, Ravenna. with “P.R.P.studio of Perpignani Paola”;
* Sandro Chia‘s mosaics and sculpture realization with Professor Daniele Strada;
* Reggio Calabria; major interior church mosaic with “Cooperativa Mosaicisti di Ravenna”, design by Gisa D’Ortona;
* “VII Congresso Internazionale A.I.M.C.” participation with mosaicist Elena Casadio
* Marco Bravura fountains project: Ardea Purpurea (Ravenna), la Fontana delle Farfalle – project by Tonino Guerra (Sogliano al Rubicone – Forlì Cesena)
* Many different projects in Ravenna with the C.P.F.P (Professional School): un Mosaico per la Pace – Madonna dellAlbero (Ra); exhibition of Mosaic Art History Pavimenta; “exhibition of the copies of: Mosaici Medievali di San Giovanni Evangelista; Monumento a Pier Paolo D’Attorre; Torre di Gerusalemme; the copy of The battle of Alexander the Great;
Arianna has been teaching (insegnante al C.I.S.I.M.) since 2000, in the International Centre for the Study and Teaching of Mosaic Art and privately